Ultimate Chaos Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UCU Forum!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I NEED HELP!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Virus
Captain
Captain
Virus

I NEED HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: I NEED HELP!!!   I NEED HELP!!! EmptyThu Dec 03 2009, 15:05

I am posting this on my school laptop. I have kind of a major problem. I had some malware on my computer from something. I thought I got rid of it, but when my stuff got stolen like some passwords and accounts, I decided to do a reformat. I have done it before and it was no problem. I tried to run the installer and it said it found no hard disk to put the temp files to which made no sense because I have like 700gigs of free space currently. So I tried to boot into safe mode and run the installer from there and no luck. I went to my disk management tool in administrative tools and there again my hard drives did not appear. I tried to boot my windows xp disk from startup and it worked up until I said "windows Setup beginning" and then it went to a blue screen of death. So I read up a little and I read somewhere that my RAID setup could be messing something up so I took RAID off my hard drives and now When I boot my computer all it lets me do is run the windows xp disk that does not work because it keeps going to the blue screen of death. I do have one option that has to do with a floppy disk and an OEM floppy. I don't really know what that is but I have no computer until this is fixed. IS there anyway that I can reformat my hard drives and take off RAID so I can boot from a startup disk.
Back to top Go down
SHW
Admin
Admin

I NEED HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I NEED HELP!!!   I NEED HELP!!! EmptyThu Dec 03 2009, 15:49

not too sure about your "no hard dish to put temp problem"

The blue screens may signal hardware problems, because they occur during setup. Just to rule out one of the most obvious blue screen problems, run memtest or something silimar ( Ram Stress).

Well, if you absolutely cannot format it through your computer, unplug the hard drive and find another computer with sata ports and format it through there.
Back to top Go down
Virus
Captain
Captain
Virus

I NEED HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I NEED HELP!!!   I NEED HELP!!! EmptyThu Dec 03 2009, 15:57

how do i run memtest? and can my mac laptop be used to do format the drives?
Back to top Go down
SHW
Admin
Admin

I NEED HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I NEED HELP!!!   I NEED HELP!!! EmptyThu Dec 03 2009, 16:22

memtest is a program you download. just download the program, burn onto cd as image, the boot it.

http://www.memtest.org/

don't think you can do it via laptops. only way to do that, is to purchase a sata enclosure. If you think raid is the problem, see if you can get a vista or win7 disc. should bypass your raid issues.

see if you can get the blue screen code and search it online. it may help.
Back to top Go down
Virus
Captain
Captain
Virus

I NEED HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I NEED HELP!!!   I NEED HELP!!! EmptyThu Dec 03 2009, 22:26

I found an old ubuntu disk in my collection and I am currently running ubuntu from my disk. How can I format my hard drives from here if even ubuntu doesn't see my hard drives. Can I do some kind of command line?
Back to top Go down
Virus
Captain
Captain
Virus

I NEED HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I NEED HELP!!!   I NEED HELP!!! EmptyFri Dec 04 2009, 00:41

I guess ubuntu has a built in memtest that I ran. It says that everything is clean. I ran a hard disk check...nothing wrong there. I decided to try a few things and Now I turned off RAID, ubuntu now is letting me run an install. I will keep this updated. After I get ubuntu installed. I am going to try and partition my drive, install windows xp on the seperate partiton. I may give up on windows 7 all together because it is becoming so time consuming trying to deal with all of its little problems. until they realease some service packs for it, I may just abandon it for now.
Back to top Go down
Virus
Captain
Captain
Virus

I NEED HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I NEED HELP!!!   I NEED HELP!!! EmptyFri Dec 04 2009, 02:32

Ok, I still have a problem. I do not know what is wrong with my hard drives but I have one of the 4 that I have running Ubuntu. I am trying to format them in ubuntu but it keeps giving me errors that make no sense to me. I have researched everything that I can but I am coming up with nothing. I can run the windows xp cd from boot but it still ends in a blue screen of death. I believe I need an external floppy drive and some kind of OEM with the RAID drivres and Hard drive Drivers. I am at the windows setup screen and it says that "Setup could not determine the type of one or more mass storage devices installed in your system, or you have chosen to manually specify and adapter. Current;y, Setup will load support for the following mass storage devices." After that, I see <none> for my mass storage devices. It then gives me two options two choose from. 1. press S to specify additional drivers, and 2. press enter to skip this step. So, I guess tomorrow I will get an external floppy drive, put my SATA drivers and RAID controller drivers on a floppy and go from there. Until I get this fixed, I can't play any CSS. So If you see me on my account, please tell me because I believe that a few different accounts of mine were taken recently... Any help from you guys would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
T3Q
Sergeant
Sergeant
T3Q

I NEED HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I NEED HELP!!!   I NEED HELP!!! EmptySat Dec 05 2009, 04:43

heh..sounds like suck...I zero write my hard drives every 5 months to prevent viruses and whatnot...havnt done it in awhile though because im switching to windows 7 soon....
Back to top Go down
Virus
Captain
Captain
Virus

I NEED HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I NEED HELP!!!   I NEED HELP!!! EmptyMon Dec 07 2009, 01:39

FIXED AFTER 25 HOURS OF SOLID WORK
Back to top Go down
Dynamite
Dynamite

I NEED HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I NEED HELP!!!   I NEED HELP!!! EmptyMon Dec 07 2009, 18:37

Good job, at least it paid off. What did you do to fix it?
Back to top Go down
http://ucuclan.omgforum.net
Virus
Captain
Captain
Virus

I NEED HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I NEED HELP!!!   I NEED HELP!!! EmptyTue Dec 08 2009, 03:31

well...I was able to boot ubuntu onto one hard drive after turning off RAID. Then I had to borrow an external floppy drive from school because I have never had use for one. I put a windows xp boot disk in and had to run istallation while installing RAID controller drivers even though I turned RAID off. Then I was able to have windows xp as my new OS and I could format my other hard drives into NTFS and FAT32. From there, I installed windows 7 again with a working activator on a seperate hard drive and kept windwos xp and ubuntu. My fourth 500gig hard drive will be put to use as my data drive. But, seeing as how all of this was new to me, the learning process and failing process took up most of that time. I ran into a lot of stupid road blocks that prevented me from fixing everything easily. Like I couldnt format my hard drives and install windows from ubuntu which was gay. And, I couldn't format my other hard drives from windows xp installation so my only choice was formatting over ubuntu, and later reinstalling it. But all-in-all, I win!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I NEED HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I NEED HELP!!!   I NEED HELP!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I NEED HELP!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultimate Chaos Unleashed :: General Discussion :: Off Topic & Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: